In order to ensure quality orthodontic care, it is important that both parents and patients understand the manner in which we schedule your appointments. Our goal is to be the best part of your day. We make it a top priority to value both you and your time. That’s why we make every effort to stay on or ahead of schedule. Most parents work and all children attend school. Inconveniencing your work schedule and interrupting your child’s studies as infrequently as possible is very important to our entire office. Since the vast majority of our patients are of school age, it is unavoidable that some school-time appointments will be necessary.
We will be glad to work around certain classes that are very important or ones in which your child may be having problems. We provide your child with school excuses for scheduled orthodontic appointments and it is important for your child to turn these in to the appropriate school official.
We want you to know our staff will work hard to provide the finest orthodontic care using the most convenient scheduling system possible for you and your child. We also have families and children and understand your scheduling concerns and will do everything we can to ensure your child’s treatment goes as smoothly as possible.
- LONG APPOINTMENTS, BANDING, AND BONDING: These are more detailed and technique-sensitive appointments. Therefore, these appointments will be scheduled during our quieter morning hours and early afternoons.
- EMERGENCIES: (Pain, swelling, or bleeding) This usually results from trauma to the face or mouth. These patients will be seen as soon as possible and appropriate care will be given or the patient will be referred to another specialist for treatment.
- REPAIRS: (Loose bands or brackets, broken archwires or ties, broken appliances or retainers) These appointments are always scheduled during school hours at a specific time since they are long visits. The vast majority of your appointments over the course of treatment will be short appointments. By seeing our long-visit patients during school hours, it leaves more room in our schedule to see more patients after school hours.
- APPOINTMENTS BROKEN OR NOT CANCELED WITHIN 48 HOURS: Another appointment will be scheduled but may require waiting four to six weeks. An appointment during school hours may be arranged sooner.
- GENERAL DENTIST APPOINTMENTS: As you progress through your treatment, it is important to your oral health that you continue to see your regular dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning. When you schedule your next dental appointment, if necessary we will schedule two coordinating appointments to temporarily remove your wires before your dental visit. Immediately after your dental visit, we will replace your wires to ensure progressive tooth movement.
Can I Stay With My Child During the Visit?
We invite you to stay with your child during the initial examination. During future appointments, we suggest you allow your child to accompany our staff through the dental experience. We can usually establish a closer rapport with your child when you are not present. Our purpose is to gain your child's confidence and overcome apprehension. However, if you choose, you may come with your child to the treatment area. For the safety and privacy of all patients, other children who are not being treated should remain in the reception room with a supervising adult.